Research shows that employers who invested in worksite heath programs see 28% reduction in sick leave, 26% reduction in use of health care benefits and a 30% reduction in workers' comp claims.
Interactive Health Solutions announced on May 20 a list of the "Healthiest Companies in America." This group of thirty-four corporations has significantly reduced healthcare costs through employee participation in a prevention-based health program.
The rankings are based on a series of clinical evaluations of employee participants across an index of key health indicators.
"As the nation continues its focus on healthcare, we expect population health management programs in the workplace to become a standard benefit for employees that increase individual health while efficiently lowering overall healthcare costs," said Joe O'Brien, Interactive Health Solutions CEO.
"We know that 15% of employees at most companies accrue 78% of all medical costs. But the data shows that through proactive engagement in preventive healthcare, smart companies can start changing those numbers for the better," OBrien added.
According to a study by The American Journal of Health Promotion, employers who invested in worksite heath promotion saw a 28% reduction in sick leave absenteeism, 26% reduction in use of health care benefits and a 30% reduction in workers comp claims and disability management.
Healthiest Companies in America 2009 Winners
• American Financial Group (OH)
• Ball Horticultural Company (IL)
• Chicago Fraternal Order of Police (IL)
• County of Kane (IL)
• County of Kings (CA)
• Cummins-Allison Corporation (IL)
• DLR Group (NE)
• EBSC-RMSCO, Inc. (NY)
• Gallatin Steel (KY)
• Grand Valley State University (MI)
• Humility of Mary Health Partners (OH)
• Knox College (IL)
• Lincoln Electric System (NE)
• MERITAIN HEALTH (NY)
• Mesa County Valley School District 51 (CO)
• Midmark (OH)
• Missouri Bankers Association (MO)
• Morinda Holdings, Inc. (MO)
• Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc. (UT)
• O'Brien & Gere (NY)
• PCL Construction Enterprises, Inc. (CO)
• Phoenix International Freight Services, Ltd. (IL)
• Quantum Corporation (CO)
• Sanitation District No. 1(KY)
• Schneider Electric (IL)
• So Illinois Health & Wellness Insurance Trust (IL)
• Standard Textile Co., Inc. (OH)
• Strongwood Insurance Holdings Corporation (CA)
• Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc. (IL)
• The Curran Group (IL)
• The Midland Company (OH)
• totesISOTONER (OH)
• Tri-County Schools Insurance Group (CA)
• UniGroup, Inc. (MO)
• Washington County (WI)
• Waubonsee Community College (IL)