Well I’m going to see firsthand.
I leave tomorrow for a weeklong visit to factories, ports and attend meetings, all of which will explain why so many companies have chosen to manufacture in Thailand.
A few quick facts:
- 40% of the country’s GDP comes from manufacturing
- #1 producer of light pickup trucks globally
- #1 producer of hard disk drives globally
- #2 producer of natural and synthetic rubber globally
- #2 ranking in Southeast Asia for ‘Ease of Doing Business’
The economy has come back from the floods of 2011 as evidenced by the 3.6% GDP increase in Q4.
So I'm excited to see what is going on.
(Stay tuned as I'll update this blog as I travel the country.)