At its recent TechEd conference, Microsoft unveiled the 2007 release of Microsoft Office Live Meeting, designed to enrich everything from simple ad-hoc collaboration sessions to formal Web-based meetings, advanced online training or large communication events.
The enhancements included in the 2007 release of Microsoft Office Live Meeting include:
- A redesigned and simplified user interface
- Improved training and event features that give presenters the ability to offer handouts, public class and event listings, and advanced testing and grading
- High-fidelity shared and local recording capabilities that give organizations the power to archive a Live Meeting session for playback
The 2007 release also supports the following communication channels:
- Two-way phone or VoIP offers participants a choice for integrating conference audio
- Embedded flash, video and audio files help presenters deliver rich content to conferencing participants
- Live Webcam video and 360-degree panoramic video
In addition, it delivers enterprise-class reliability and security based on new virus scanning capability using Microsoft Forefront technologies.
Customers can access video demonstrations of Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 and materials about other products such as Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 at http://www.microsoft.com/uc. Current Office Live Meeting customers can also register on the site for a private preview of Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007, which will be available later this month.
Interested in information related to this topic? Subscribe to our twice-monthly Information Technology eNewsletter.