Top 10 Innovative States [SLIDESHOW]Jan 3, 2014
Bloomberg published an analysis that ranks 50 U.S. states and D.C. based on the following factors:
- Number of STEM professionals as a percentage of state population;
- Number of science and technology degree holders as a percentage of state population;
- Utility (invention) patents as a percentage of the U.S. total;
- Government R&D spending as a percentage of the U.S. total;
- Gross state product per employed person, and three-year change in productivity; and
- Public tech companies as a percentage of all public companies.