Reverse logistics expert Curtis Greve of Greve Davis offers the following tips for companies to consider in preparation for seasonal returns.
- Update seasonal recall volumes by SKU and vendor.
- Review existing processed inventory waiting to ship, and clear out as much as possible.
- Prioritize shipments by value and cube to reduce inventory and create space.
- Review management staffing and manpower plans.
- Review volume estimates and plans for outbound shipping with carriers, as well as plans for temporary space and storage trailers.
- Review all parts supplies and ensure procurement plans and sourcing are ready.
- Review shipping plans and requirements with top salvage buyers.
- Schedule preventive maintenance for all material handling equipment and conveyor systems.
- Review plans and volumes with recyclers and with waste management companies
- Review plans of all outsourced repair vendors
Going in Reverse Can Be the Right Direction
Moving Ahead by Mastering the Reverse Supply Chain