The Procter & Gamble Co. recognized its highest-performing suppliers at an event it hosted this week in Cincinnati, the company said on Oct. 17.
Six of P&G's 80,000 suppliers received its Suppliers of the Year award for scoring the highest in broad-based quantitative and qualitative evaluations conducted by the company.
The winners were:
- Cly-Del Manufacturing Co., of Waterbury, Conn., which provides battery parts to P&G's Duracell business in North America
- Diamond Packaging, of Rochester, N.Y., which sells packaging for multiple products, including P&G's blades, razors and Duracell businesses
- Jones Lang LaSalle, of Chicago, which provides facilities management services
- Nippon Shokubai of Tokyo, Japan, which supplies absorbent gel material for P&G's diaper business
- Novozymes of Bagsvaerd, Denmark, which provides an enzyme used in P&G's laundry and cleaning products
- RTC of Chicago, which sells in-store marketing displays
P&G also honored companies with its Excellence Award for performing consistently at high levels within its internal supplier performance management system. Among those receiving the Excellence Award were Shell Chemicals Ltd., Rockwell Automation Inc. and Pratt Industries Inc.
In addition, P&G recognized its top-performing minority and women-owned suppliers, which include Hooven Dayton Corp., Integrated Packaging Corp., Resource Interactive and Starcom Worldwide.