Date: This webinar is now available on-demand
Event Type: On-Demand Webinar
Is the idea or the execution the key to successful innovation?
Roles in defining and deploying disruptive technology.
Is the spark of a great idea enough to drive meaningful change? Or, is the practical, hands-on execution the most critical element of a successful project? Who holds the key to achieving measurable results? Join us for a panel discussion as we explore four dimensions of bringing new technologies into action.
Some topics our panelists will address include:
- Are disruptive technologies worth the upheaval to the company?
- How do you move "theoretical" applications from the classroom drawing board to the board room -- then to the shop floor?
- How can you predict the pay-out of an innovative idea that is untested?
- Can you be innovative and retain a “play it safe” attitude or is an "all-in" risk tolerance necessary?
- How do you create a company culture which accepts risk, without abandoning controls?
- When is whole team buy-in necessary versus a one-person passion?
- How do you balance the desire for agility and speed with the need for methodical research?
The Distinguished Panel
- Andrew Dugenske, from the Georgia Institute of Technology, will present the academic view and value of research-driven concepts.
- Steve Beard, Infor industry analyst and solution architect, will share his experiences in using data from smart sensors to drive conditioned-based monitoring tactics to keep assets running.
- Neil Gatenby, Thales Australia, manufacturer of international electronics and systems serving the defense, aerospace and space, security, and transport markets in Australia and throughout the world, will discuss the challenges and opportunities from a manufacturer’s view.
- Mark Humphlett, Infor industry & solution strategy senior director, will moderate the discussion and add color commentary on the role software plays in helping manufacturers push the boundaries of innovation.
This webinar will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the webinar.