Date: This webinar is now available On-Demand.
Event Type: On-Demand Webinar
Value stream mapping is an important tool used to examine processes for improvement opportunities, but have you ever finished creating the map and then thought, "Now what?" In reality, the practical execution of a value stream strategy goes well beyond the data boxes, flow lines and Kaizen bursts.
As a practitioner you know a value stream map gives a good visual representation of your process. Its creation brings people together to provide a common understanding of the current state and improvement opportunities. But with a finite number of resources available in organizations today, the greatest challenge is selecting the right process improvement projects that garner the greatest benefits and developing a plan to complete those projects quickly.
This training course takes you beyond the textbook theory of value stream mapping to the End-to-End Value Stream Assessment, demonstrating how you can dissect a process and create a workable improvement plan, from start to finish, which can be applied in your everyday workplace. BMGI’s nine-step methodology for Value Stream Assessment combines 14 different tools into a cohesive process that will become the core of your organization’s improvement execution strategy.
Do you have difficulty with any of the following situations?
- Acquiring input from all levels of associates
- Seeing the entire process rather than a mix of unrelated opportunities
- Communicating the results of rapid improvement events back to the organization
- Prioritizing improvement opportunities
End-to-end Value Stream Assessments eliminate ambiguity by offering organizations a structured approach for opportunity identification and selection that aligns their improvement efforts with the company’s overall strategic objectives. This focused approach maximizes a company’s return on investment, leverages existing resources and uses the expertise of knowledgeable professionals to identify opportunities in a systemized fashion.
Attendees of this two-hour session will learn how to:
- Put together a structured approach for evaluating an entire process from start to finish.
- Identify where processes may be broken or where defects or barriers occur and document them using different value streams.
- Evaluate project opportunities objectively, so that the organization is tackling the right problems and making the most impact.
- Develop a pipeline and plan of which projects to execute in sequence and who will lead them.
- Understanding the Value Stream Assessment process and deliverables
- Creating process flow and SIPOC-R maps
- Utilizing the nominal group technique
- Conducting a process walk
- Assessing the focus area
- Creating a current state map
- Completing the cause-and-effect matrix
- Prioritizing focus area opportunities
- Completing the future state map and charters
Who should attend
- Operational excellence and quality leaders who are responsible for developing their organization’s improvement execution strategy
- Lean and Lean Six Sigma practitioners who are responsible for identifying improvement opportunities and creating improvement plans
- Practitioners who lead Kaizen rapid improvement events and value stream mapping sessions
Included with all registrations:
- On-demand training course
- Downloadable slides for note-taking
- Continuing education credits -- see details below
- A CD-ROM can be added to any registration for an additional $199 per session.
Continuing education credits
Each registration entitles you to receive continuing education credits for one person through our partnership with the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET). During the training session, you'll receive instructions on how to claim your credits.
IACET continuing education credits are accepted by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and hundreds of other organizations and companies.
Rishab Rao is a BMGI Principal whose expertise spans the domains of strategy deployment, Lean, Six Sigma, ISO, BPM and Innovation -- with proven results across manufacturing, telecommunications, financial services, healthcare, utilities, IT and other industries. Through end-to-end value stream assessments, Rao is highly skilled in helping companies identify project opportunities across the improvement-innovation spectrum.
Rao coaches executives, Six Sigma practitioners and Lean practitioners through the stages of improvement and innovation project execution. He combines his software background with Six Sigma, BPM, and Innovation techniques to streamline workflows and design, prototype and pilot new application interfaces. Further, Rao expertly guides teams through the implementation of organic growth and disruptive innovation strategies to increase their global footprints.
This training session will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the training course, as well as your unique password.