Date: This webinar is now available On-Demand.
Duration: 90 Minutes
Daily Management is where the rubber meets the road, and the daily reality of our strategic plan comes to life. This session will start with an overview of BMGI’s Leadership Triangle, providing direction on alignment, accountability and sustainability, followed by an exploration of four key areas critical to Daily Management -- Foundational 5S, Genba Accountability, Basic Rapid Problem Solving, and Leadership Standard Work.
Over the course of this online training session, attendees will learn why Daily Management is so important and how to implement it in order to align with the strategic direction of their organization. Additionally, this session will cover how to use basic problem solving techniques, such as Kaizen events, to identify, create and implement corrective actions.
After attending this session, you will know how to:
- Ensure alignment from your strategic plan to the daily activities, top to bottom.
- Build your Daily Management process to drive accountability.
- Execute the Daily Management process to ensure sustainment of improvement.
This 1.5-hour session will introduce four focus areas that will enable you effectively deploy a Daily Management process across your organization.
1. Foundational 5S: 5S is not about housekeeping; it’s about creating an infrastructure of discipline. It’s not something that gets done one time and it’s over; it’s about a process that builds the foundation of daily management. The following tools will be discussed:
- 5S zone maps
- Shadow boards
- Point of use tools
- Floor markings
- 5S audits
2. Genba Accountability: Developing and implementing good process control is critical to effective Daily Management. The need for a structured approach to identify and report key performance indicators (KPIs) is a must to ensure continuous improvement. The following tools will help create the path to success:
- Process control
- Visual management
- Creation of metrics
- Creation of metrics
- Tiered meeting structure
3. Basic Rapid Problem Solving: A critical piece of sustaining process improvements, basic rapid problem solving is the ability to identify and solve problems quickly using simple thought processes. The rapid problem solving tools listed below will help you do this. They are:
- Pareto principle
- Fishbone diagram
- The 5 whys
- Affinity diagrams
- Ease/impact analysis
- Action plans
4. Leadership Standard Work: Leadership standard work provides the structure and routine that forces a behavior change. It emphasizes a focus on process and results. It also develops layers of accountability and creates a checklist for leaders as they go through their day. The following will be discussed:
- What is standard work as it applies to leaders?
- Examples of leadership standard work for several levels within the organization
- Modifying and using leadership tri-folds
- Cross training
Who should attend
- Vice presidents
- Plant managers
- Operations and quality leaders who are responsible for improvement efforts
- Process owners who are responsible for ensuring improvements are maintained
Included with all registrations
- A login for the live training course
- Downloadable slides for note-taking
- 1 year access to an on-demand version of the course
Continuing education credits
Each registration entitles you to receive continuing education credits through our partnership with the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET). During the training session, you'll receive instructions on how to claim your credits.
IACET continuing education credits are accepted by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and hundreds of other organizations and companies.
Choose your registration type:
- Individual -- for those who want to attend the training alone. $199.
- Group* -- if you want to train multiple people at your location. $349.
* Rules for groups:
A "group" consists of multiple people within a single room at a single location, viewing the training session on a single screen. If you want to train people in multiple locations, or if each person requires their own screen to view, they must register separately.
- A CD-ROM of the training course can be added to any registration for an additional $99.
This training session, presented in partnership with IndustryWeek, will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. You will also have the ability to ask the instructor questions, and you can participate in polls the instructor pushes to the audience during the session.
After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the training course, as well as your unique password. On the day of the training, use the instructions in this email to log in.
A few days after the live training session is over, you'll receive an email informing you that the on-demand version is available.
- • How IndustryWeek webinars work
- System test (pops up in a new window)
- Contact us: [email protected]
Sign up for this online training course
John Strickland leverages over 22 years of professional experience with multiple successful Fortune 500 companies, including multiple Lean transformations spanning operations in high-tech industries, automotive, and financial services. An expert trainer, Strickland has taught more than 2,000 employees on the understanding and execution of process improvements. Additionally, he has provided direction and led hundreds of Kaizen events across multiple plant sites with diverse cultures. Before joining BMGI, Strickland most recently held the role of business center manager at the North American Tire Division of The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. He has a Bachelor of Business Administration from Auburn University and a Lean certification administered by The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.