Date: This webinar is now available On-Demand.
Duration: 90 Minutes
How well does your organization connect its strategy creation with its strategy execution? This session provides an overview of the seven-step Hoshin Planning Process, which links a company's major strategy objectives with the resources and action plans needed to make them happen. By using this time-tested approach, you can successfully involve your entire organization in delivering a combination of breakthrough performance and daily management in order to focus on sustainable results.
Strategic plans developed using the Hoshin Kanri process are visualized in X-matrices. A top-level matrix and a number of second-level matrices outline breakthrough objectives and improvement priorities that each of the stakeholders are accountable for. Each X-matrix is supported by a bowling chart or scorecard. At the project level, an action plan is used in the format of an A3 report, alongside a countermeasures report, which lists all the actions to be taken to put the strategy back on track.
This online training course is a guide to the step-by-step process of applying the Hoshin X-matrix to support, communicate and drive a systematic journey towards achieving your company strategy.
Attendees of this two-hour session will learn how to:
- Follow the seven-step Hoshin Planning Process for successful strategy execution.
- Use the X-matrix to support and align strategy to execution, engaging the organization at multiple levels.
- Develop a mechanism for prioritizing project opportunities objectively.
- Identify breakthrough objectives and annual objectives.
- Link top-level improvement opportunities to company strategy.
- Provide alignment, responsibility and measurement of progress across the organization.
- The seven-step Hoshin Planning Process
- Developing breakthrough and annual objectives
- Linking top-level improvement priorities to annual objectives
- Selecting the metrics for top-level improvement priorities
- Using the X-matrix for monthly and annual review processes
Who should attend
- Operational leaders who are responsible for implementation and successful execution of company strategy
- Performance/operational excellence and quality leaders who are responsible for leading and executing their organization's improvement strategy
- Lean and Lean Six Sigma practitioners who are responsible for identifying improvement opportunities and creating improvement plans
Included with all registrations
- A login for the live training course
- Downloadable slides for note-taking
- 1 year access to an on-demand version of the course
- BONUS: Each individual and group registration includes Hoshin planning tools and templates (a $49 value).
Continuing education credits
Each registration entitles you to receive continuing education credits through our partnership with the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET). During the training session, you'll receive instructions on how to claim your credits.
IACET continuing education credits are accepted by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and hundreds of other organizations and companies.
Choose your registration type:
- Individual -- for those who want to attend the training alone. $199.
- Group* -- if you want to train multiple people at your location. $399.
* Rules for groups:
A "group" consists of multiple people within a single room at a single location, viewing the training session on a single screen. If you want to train people in multiple locations, or if each person requires their own screen to view, they must register separately.
- A CD-ROM of the training course can be added to any registration for an additional $99.
This training session, presented in partnership with IndustryWeek, will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. You will also have the ability to ask the instructor questions, and you can participate in polls the instructor pushes to the audience during the session.
After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the training course, as well as your unique password. On the day of the training, use the instructions in this email to log in.
A few days after the live training session is over, you'll receive an email informing you that the on-demand version is available.
Sign up for this online training course
Senior Client Partner
Michele Quinn has more than 20 years of proven success in leading operational change. With experience across a broad range of industries and environments, she has worked closely with more than 1,000 executives, leaders and practitioners as they identify areas in need of improvement and deploy strategic plans and process improvement methodologies. Quinn previously held roles as vice president for two large plastics manufacturing organizations, and as the Lean Six Sigma deployment leader at Siemens Energy and Automation. She has a Master's in Education from the University of Northern Colorado, and a B.S. in Education from Quincy University in Illinois.