Developing an Effective Continuous Improvement Program and Maintaining Control
In this session, you will gain an understanding of how to develop an effective continuous improvement program in order to achieve breakthroughs in performance and attain superior, measurable results.
You will learn the different breakthrough models and methods for continuous improvement implementation and excellence, in addition to important lessons learned through the combined experience of Dr. J.M. Juran and Dr. Joseph A. DeFeo's collective history.
You will also learn a variety of ways to understand how to assure repeatable and compliant processes. Manufacturers will develop an understanding of quality assurance and how that relates to control, how to plan for control, and what to do to establish performance standards to reach your strategic quality goals.
Upon completion of this training session, you will be able to:
- Outline why an organization should embrace managing for quality to achieve breakthroughs.
- Understand the variety of breakthrough models and methods.
- Define the concept of project-by-project improvement.
- Understand the difference between the vital few and useful many.
- Explain how breakthroughs fit into the corporate strategic plan.
- Outline the differences and similarities between Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Explain the role of statistical methods in controlling processes.
- The universal sequence for breakthrough
- Importance of managing for quality as it relates to breakthrough
- Breakthrough models and methods
- The vital few and useful many
- Achieving management support and approval
- Defining compliance and control
- Statistical methods in control
Who should attend
This session is intended for performance/operational excellence and quality leaders who are responsible for developing and executing their organization's improvement strategy, as well as Lean and Lean Six Sigma practitioners who are responsible for identifying improvement opportunities and creating improvement plans.
Choose your registration type:
• Individual -- for those who want to attend the training alone. $199.
• Group* -- if you want to train multiple people at your location. $349.
• Series Registration -- Extra discounts available when you register for the entire series: $600 individual/$1,200 group.
Contact IndustryWeek at [email protected]ryweek.com for series rate inquiries.
* Rules for groups:
A "group" consists of multiple people within a single room at a single location, viewing the training session on a single screen. If you want to train people in multiple locations, or if each person requires their own screen to view, they must register separately.
About the Series
In this 4-part series, participants will become Juran™ Certified Performance Excellence Masters with the right knowledge required to drive business excellence from the C-suite. The importance of this program is to enable executives to stop trying every improvement fad that comes their way and learn the universal principles behind the fads. Participants will learn how to organize, align, and deploy business improvement initiatives to drive business excellence, and sustain financial results.
• Session 1: Embracing Excellence & the Universal Management Principles
Available on Demand
• Session 2: Developing an Effective Continuous Improvement Program and Maintaining Control
Available on Demand
• Session 3: Aligning Improvement Programs with the Strategic Plan
Available on Demand
• Session 4: Leading a Quality Culture to Engage Employees
Available on Demand
Included with all registrations
• A login for the live training course
• Downloadable slides for note-taking
• 1 year access to an on-demand version of the course
• BONUS: Each individual and group registration includes one copy of Juran's Quality Essentials for Leaders (2014, McGraw Hill) by Dr. Joseph A. DeFeo and J. M. Juran.
Continuing education credits
Each registration entitles you to receive continuing education credits through our partnership with the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET). During the training session, you'll receive instructions on how to claim your credits. This four-part webinar is equivalent to 0.3 CEUs. (One CEU is equal to ten hours of training.)
IACET continuing education credits are accepted by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and hundreds of other organizations and companies.
- Complete all four webinars in this series
- Read accompanying webinar material (Juran’s Quality Essentials for Leaders)
- Complete end of session quizzes with a score of 70% or above (1 quiz per webinar)
- Submit a two page deployment plan for your organization
Additional fees apply. Contact Juran Global directly to finalize your certification.
Dr. Joseph A. DeFeo
Chairman and CEO
Dr. Joseph A. DeFeo, Chairman and CEO of Juran Global, is recognized as one of the world's leading experts on transformational change and breakthrough quality management. For 28 years, Dr. DeFeo has worked as a trusted adviser helping business leaders increase sales, reduce costs and improve its customer experience through the deployment of performance excellence programs. These include Business Process Quality Management, Lean, Six Sigma, Strategy Deployment and Change Management.
Dr. DeFeo has ushered the Juran Institute into Juran Global to support a new age of business improvement by successfully building on universal principles pioneered by Dr. Joseph Juran nearly 60 years ago and infusing current thinking and strategies around performance excellence and transformational change.
His recent publication, Juran's Quality Essentials for Leaders, provides a concise message delivered for leaders to teach them how to embrace quality, not fight it, to be a globally competitive enterprise. He provides a "Playbook and Transformation Roadmap" for success that can cut through complex issues and has made him a sought-after business advisor for industry leaders globally.
Dr. DeFeo has co-authored three other popular texts. The first was with Dr. Joseph M. Juran, the 6th Edition of Juran's Quality Handbook, The Complete Guide to Performance Excellence; the "go to" resource for quality management and performance improvement leaders. The second with Dr. Frank Gryna, Juran's Quality Management and Analysis, 6th Edition, a university text used in many institutions around the world. The third was Six Sigma Breakthrough and Beyond with his late mentor, Dr. William Barnard.
DeFeo's belief that a relentless customer focus and integrity drives business results was recently noted by Steve Denning of Forbes.com. "By re-focusing primary attention on the customer and on exceeding the customer's expectations, the Juran Quality Handbook has done quality management a great service."
A frequent motivational guest speaker at international conferences, Dr. DeFeo has presented in over 30 countries.
This training session, presented in partnership with IndustryWeek, will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. You will also have the ability to ask the instructor questions, and you can participate in polls the instructor pushes to the audience during the session.
After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the training course, as well as your unique password. On the day of the training, use the instructions in this email to log in.
A few days after the live training session is over, you'll receive an email informing you that the on-demand version is available.
Purchase this online training