Date: This webinar is now available On-Demand.
Event Type: On-Demand Webinar
As an operations leader you understand the challenge of reducing your equipment downtime to maximize profitability, but have your Industrial Control Systems (ICSs) risen to the challenge of supporting your emerging plant of the future? The world of Industrial Control Systems (ICSs) is evolving rapidly as competition, increased regulation, and key threats -- such cyber-security breaches -- strain already stretched resources. Every operation's support team faces these challenges, as well as the continual drive to increase efficiency, eliminate unplanned downtime, and lay the foundation for analytics and the IIoT.
In response to these challenges, 79% of Operational Technologists have plans to implement IIoT, but 56% had no plans to deploy virtualization to support the modern automation system according to a recent ARC Advisory Group webinar. Attend this session to hear a compelling success story of how a major gas distributor realized positive impact from adopting modern virtualized environments that have eliminated unplanned downtime.
In this webinar John Fryer, Senior Director of Industry Solutions for Stratus Technologies, discusses key trends and drivers, including:
- Technologies, such as virtualization, that provide a cost-effective way to modernize automation systems
- Adopting flexible applications, such as thin client technology, fault tolerance to lay the foundation for the emerging IIoT
- Best practices for protecting virtual environments against unplanned downtime
- Understanding Key success factors, such as cost of unplanned downtime, speed of recovery, protection against data loss, integration with existing environments, ease of use, and TCO
- Strategies for focusing on common OT and IT goals to overcome implementation conflict
As our way of saying thank you to our audience, 50 randomly-selected individuals will receive a $10 Amazon gift certificate. Click here for full sweepstakes rules.
Senior Director, Industry Solutions
John Fryer is the Senior Director Industry Solutions at Stratus Technologies, where he is responsible for go-to-market strategies and industry initiatives across all the company's product lines. He has over 25 years of experience with systems and software products in a variety of engineering, marketing and executive roles at successful startups and major companies, including Motorola, Emerson Network Power and Oracle. His experience includes more than 15 years working with high-availability solutions for the enterprise, automation and networking industries.
This webinar will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the webinar.