Directions: Grab a Pen & Paper
Rate yourself 1-10 on the questions posed in the slides in this photo gallery. At the end of the gallery tally up your score and find out your results on the last slide.
How engaging are you with your team? An engaging leader:
1) Demonstrates a personal connection with subordinates and others
2) Communicates directly with others in a caring and friendly manner
3) Helps other sto commit to the desired result
4) Conveys a sense of worth to the others showing they are not just a "cog in the wheel"
5) Links the needs of others with the organization's mission
How well do you communicate? A good communicator:
1) Writes and speaks in a language others can understand
2) Takes time to talk with others about important objectives
3) Gets assurance that your position on important objectives is clearly communicated up and down the line
4) Demonstrates openness to input, feedback and even criticism from subordinates
How collegial are you? A collegial leader:
1) Shows gratitude, sympathy or empathy to others
2) Mixes with all levels of the organization in a friendly manner
3) Is able to relate to others and make them feel at ease
4) Is able to get along with and coach and support others
5) Is comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups
How much do you care? A truly caring leader:
1) Is interested in and sensitive to the needs of others
2) Demonstrates in a visible way you really care about the well being of all in your organization
3) Is willing to interact with all levels in your organization
4) Greets others with a warm welcome that really does say "I care"
How well do you listen? A good listener:
1) Seeks first to understand and then be understood
2) Listens for meaning and feelings and not just for facts
3) Demonstrates a high level of caring
4) Does not develop a response or rebuttal while someone's speaking
5) Is open to the speaker in a way that it shows
So how transformational is your leadership style?
40-50: you are a true transformational leader who's making a key difference
30-40: you're well on your way to becoming transformational
20-30: there are some bright spots but you might consider some more work in this area
Below 20: this is a growth area for you
Transform Your Leadership
Transformational leadership enhances nearly everything it touches, resulting in superior outcomes: production, safety, customer satisfaction, employee turnover and more.