The Measure of Six Sigma
To achieve Six Sigma quality, a process must produce not more than how many defects?
Were You Correct?
The answer is C. 3.4 defects per million opportunities.
The Pareto principle is also frequently referred to as what?
A Simple Equation
The answer is the 80/20 rule.
Who said this?
3. Who said: "Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
Henry Ford Philosophy
3. The answer is Henry Ford.
Is It True?
True or False? The acronym DMAIC is an abbreviation for Define, Measure, Analyze, Investigate and Correct.
Data-driven Quality Strategy
The acronym DMAIC is an abbreviation for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control. It is a a data-driven quality strategy used to improve processes.
Which ISO standard sets out the criteria for a quality management system?
It's ISO 9001
ISO 9001 sets out the criteria for a quality management standard and is the only standard in the ISO 9000 family to which an organization can become certified.
To Err is Human
6. What Japanese term is another word for mistake-proofing?
The answer is poka-yoke. A poka-yoke typically is a device or mechanism that prevents incorrect parts from being made or assembled, or helps operators avoid making errors.
7. Which automotive company employed the slogan: “Quality is job one.”
A Ford Slogan
Ford is the Big 3 automaker behind the slogan, "Quality is job one."
Speaking of Six Sigma
8. What manufacturing company is credited with developing the Six Sigma improvement methodology?
From the Minds at Motorola
The answer is Motorola, which also received a trademark for the term “Six Sigma.”
9. Malcolm Baldrige Jr., for whom the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award is named, held what position in the Ronald Reagan administration?
Malcolm Baldrige Jr. was the 26th U.S. Secretary of Commerce. He served from 1981 until his death in 1987.
10. Which quality guru’s brother won an Academy Award?