Date: This webinar is now available on-demand
Originally Broadcast: Wednesday, January 10, 2017, 2:00 p.m. EST (GMT -5, New York)
Duration: 83 Minutes
Event Type: On-Demand Webinar
Toyota Industrial Equipment Manufacturing, Goodyear, Ford R&D, Menlo Innovations, Quebec Ministry of Healthcare, and others across industries and function are discovering the power of Toyota's Obeya or "Big Room" approach.
Join us as Lean Leadership and Obeya expert, Sam MacPherson will share how Toyota and other World-class Lean organizations are using the Obeya to develop, deploy, and manage their Hoshin Strategy from the boardroom to the shop-floor; innovate, collaborate, communicate, problem-solve, develop people, and create a High-Performance Lean Culture of Engagement.
In this Webinar we will explore:
- How World-class organizations are adopting Toyota's Obeya approach of collaborative visual management to drive Operational Excellence and Competitive Advantage
- An Overview of how Toyota uses Obeya to connect its Hoshin Kanri (Strategy Management) System to its Daily Management -- Top to Bottom
- How the Toyota "T" and Customer Experience Life-cycle visual management is used to see the flow of information and activities to deliver value with velocity to internal and external customers, alike
- The Latest Science behind the Obeya approach and why it works
- How to implement or improve your Obeya Strategy
This event is a preview of the great content you can get at the 2018 IndustryWeek Manufacturing & Technology Conference & Expo. With inspiring keynotes, behind-the-scenes plant tours, 6 session tracks, and a vibrant expo floor, it is the only event designed to keep manufacturing decision-makers at the forefront of a fast evolving landscape in a digital era. Learn more.
For additional background on Obeya see IndustryWeek's Jill Jusko's Sep 30, 2016 Interview with Sam MacPherson on Obeya in her article "Obeya: The Brain of the Lean Enterprise."
Sam MacPherson, Founder and Executive Director, The Lean Leadership Academy
Sam MacPherson is an internationally recognized Lean Enterprise Transformation and Leadership Development Expert, Thought Leader and Speaker and has dedicated over 30 years to developing organizational leadership, senior leadership teams, and designing lean enterprise management systems for such companies as Intel, The Timken Company, American Greetings, Burt’s Bees, and as a leader for Crown Cork and Seal. Sam was introduced to the Toyota Production System and the Shingo method in the mid-1980’s, while serving as the project leader for Dr. Shigeo Shingo and as an Intern at TMMK in the mid-90s. Today, Sam still works closely with Toyota leaders past and present on leadership development. In 2017, Sam was made a Shingo Institute Faculty Fellow and is a member of the Lean in Higher Education Steering Committee.
This webinar will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the webinar.