When executing continuous improvement initiatives, organizations usually know where some of their problems are, but they often struggle with truly identifying a problem and its magnitude. This is where the approach known as an End-to-End Value Stream Assessment is invaluable, providing data-driven guidance on where to focus project efforts.
End-to-End Value Stream Assessments (VSAs) eliminate the ambiguity in an improvement effort by providing a structured approach for opportunity identification, prioritization and selection that is aligned with the company’s overall strategic objectives. This focused approach maximizes a company’s return on investment, leverages existing resources and uses the expertise of knowledgeable professionals to identify opportunities in a systemized fashion.
This online training course is a practitioner’s guide to the “Nuts and Bolts” of an End-to-End Value Stream Assessment, with an emphasis on the application of the VSA to actual processes. We will cover in detail the BMGI nine-step methodology, which combines up to 14 different tools into an approach that will become a central feature of your organization’s improvement strategy.
Attendees of this two-hour session will learn how to:
- Apply a structured approach for evaluating an entire process from start to finish.
- Use various Lean tools to identify opportunities within a value stream.
- Develop a mechanism for prioritizing project opportunities objectively.
- Determine a pipeline of which projects to execute and in what sequence.
- What is the End-to-End Value Stream Assessment
- Documenting the current state
- Walking the gemba
- Unpacking your process
- Establishing your priorities
- Chartering future work
Who should attend
- Performance/operational excellence and quality leaders who are responsible for developing and executing their organization’s improvement strategy
- Operational leaders who have had some form of Lean training and need to know how to get started within their organizations
- Lean and Lean Six Sigma practitioners who are responsible for identifying improvement opportunities and creating improvement plans
- Practitioners who lead kaizen rapid improvement events and value stream mapping sessions
Included with all registrations
• A login for the live training course
• Downloadable slides for note-taking
• 1 year access to an on-demand version of the course
• BONUS: Each individual and group registration includes value stream mapping templates and documents (a $49 value).
Continuing education credits
Each registration entitles you to receive continuing education credits through our partnership with the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET). During the training session, you'll receive instructions on how to claim your credits.
IACET continuing education credits are accepted by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and hundreds of other organizations and companies.
Choose your registration type:
• Individual -- for those who want to attend the training alone. $199.
• Group* -- if you want to train multiple people at your location. $399.
* Rules for groups:
A "group" consists of multiple people within a single room at a single location, viewing the training session on a single screen. If you want to train people in multiple locations, or if each person requires their own screen to view, they must register separately.
• A CD-ROM of the training course can be added to any registration for an additional $199.
Senior Client Partner
Mark McMurray is a skilled and passionate leader who uses his 14 years of experience on behalf of organizations in multiple sectors, from manufacturing through pure transactional services. Mark works with executives, managers and frontline employees in developing and deploying strategic plans that are transformational yet executable. He is highly proficient in performance excellence program deployment leadership, curriculum development and delivery, project replication, change management and strategy execution. Prior to joining BMGI, he was the general manager of a $4.8 million business center branch and the director of a national multi-business unit performance excellence deployment. A certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, he obtained his Master of Science in Operations Management from Kettering University, and his Bachelor of Science from the U.S. Naval Academy.
This training session, presented in partnership with IndustryWeek, will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. You will also have the ability to ask the instructor questions, and you can participate in polls the instructor pushes to the audience during the session.
After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the training course, as well as your unique password. On the day of the training, use the instructions in this email to log in.
A few days after the live training session is over, you'll receive an email informing you that the on-demand version is available.