Date: This webinar is now available On-Demand.
Duration: 90 Minutes
With an ever-growing capacity to generate, collect and store data, many companies are wondering what to do with it all. The era of sampling and basic industrial statistics is giving way to the era of big data. But don't get intimated by the word “big.” It's not nearly as daunting as it seems.
What we really need to focus on is simply making more and better use of our data through improved analytics.
During this webinar, BMGI CEO David Silverstein and Chief Data Scientist Riaan Brits will discuss trends in data analytics and the dearth of data scientists, as well as managers who know how to maximize the value of their analysts. They'll offer examples of the kinds of things being done in the world of analytics today. And, finally, the main focus of this webinar is strategies for advancing your company's analytics capabilities without monster size investment in people or technology.
- How to get started with big data and analytics without being overwhelmed
- The difference between today's data analytics and statistical techniques used in the past
- How to build internal data analytics capability fast
- How to organize your data analytics team
- How business people with little analytics experience themselves can lead today's data analysts
Who should attend
- Presidents and COOs
- Vice presidents
- Plant managers
- Operations and quality leaders who are responsible for improvement efforts and need to understand data
Included with all registrations
- A login for the live training course
- Downloadable slides for note-taking
- 1 year access to an on-demand version of the course
Continuing education credits
Each registration entitles you to receive continuing education credits through our partnership with the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET). During the training session, you'll receive instructions on how to claim your credits.
IACET continuing education credits are accepted by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and hundreds of other organizations and companies.
Choose your registration type:
- Individual -- for those who want to attend the training alone. $199.
- Group* -- if you want to train multiple people at your location. $349.
* Rules for groups:
A "group" consists of multiple people within a single room at a single location, viewing the training session on a single screen. If you want to train people in multiple locations, or if each person requires their own screen to view, they must register separately.
- A CD-ROM of the training course can be added to any registration for an additional $99.
This training session, presented in partnership with IndustryWeek, will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. You will also have the ability to ask the instructor questions, and you can participate in polls the instructor pushes to the audience during the session.
After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the training course, as well as your unique password. On the day of the training, use the instructions in this email to log in.
A few days after the live training session is over, you'll receive an email informing you that the on-demand version is available.
Purchase this online Training
Founder and CEO
David Silverstein is a well-known thought-leader, author, speaker, and business news contributor who draws on more than two decades of experience and extensive research to challenge the way we think about trends, innovation and strategy. View his full bio here.
Principal and Chief Data Scientist
Riaan Brits is an expert in data mining and big data analysis, as well as a highly skilled computer scientist, developer of patented artificial intelligence, and innovation and strategy coach. View his full bio here.