Date: This webinar is now available On-Demand.
Duration: 90 Minutes
Most process improvement initiatives focus on perfecting the process. But in some cases, this drive to map out existing processes and remove waste prevents the exploration of more innovative opportunities. How do we make sure we are not so busy improving that we miss the opportunity to innovate?
In this interactive two-hour online training session, you will learn how to make process innovation possible by conducting Rapid Innovation Cycles. This approach is one anybody can use and follow to design or redesign a process.
A Rapid Innovation Cycle consists of distinct phases, with focus on the innovation opportunity, discovery of ideas, development of solution, design and demonstration of the innovation. Covering a step-by-step approach to how to lead each of these events, this session will guide you from a nebulous understanding of "innovation" to a crystal clear picture of when to use it, why and how.
Attendees of this two-hour session will learn:
- How to assess whether you should improve a process or redesign it
- How to apply a predictable and systematic approach to design or redesign your process
- Why listening and believing what your customer says is a terrible thing to do
- Critical success factors and common pitfalls in Rapid Innovation Cycles
- The importance of team selection and preparing them for success
Who should attend
- Operations leaders
- Quality managers and professionals
- Process improvement team leaders
Included with all registrations
- A login for the live training course
- Downloadable slides for note-taking
- 1 year access to an on-demand version of the course
Continuing education credits
Each registration entitles you to receive continuing education credits through our partnership with the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET). During the training session, you'll receive instructions on how to claim your credits.
IACET continuing education credits are accepted by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and hundreds of other organizations and companies.
Choose your registration type:
- Individual -- for those who want to attend the training alone. $199.
- Group* -- if you want to train multiple people at your location. $399.
* Rules for groups:
A "group" consists of multiple people within a single room at a single location, viewing the training session on a single screen. If you want to train people in multiple locations, or if each person requires their own screen to view, they must register separately.
- A CD-ROM of the training course can be added to any registration for an additional $99.
This training session, presented in partnership with IndustryWeek, will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. You will also have the ability to ask the instructor questions, and you can participate in polls the instructor pushes to the audience during the session.
After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the training course, as well as your unique password. On the day of the training, use the instructions in this email to log in.
A few days after the live training session is over, you'll receive an email informing you that the on-demand version is available.
Sign up for this online training course
Vice President, Operations
Randy Herrera brings more than 14 years of experience to his role as vice president, operations, at BMGI. With a background in Lean Six Sigma, innovation, change leadership and business transformation, Herrera has launched several large-scale transformation initiatives for global companies across many industry sectors. Herrera holds a B.S. in Economics with a minor in Systems Engineering from the U.S. Military Academy, West Point. He is a certified facilitator for the Kirton Adaption-Innovation (KAI) Inventory and a certified Change Pro facilitator.