The results from the latest Industry Week Salary Survey have been collected, tallied and parsed, and the responses reflect the current state of manufacturing: reliably profitable, but not growing by leaps and bounds. Pay is holding steady and job satisfaction remains high, but economic challenges including a strong dollar, cheap imports and low oil prices are tempering optimism a bit from previous years.
- The majority of respondents saw pay raises
- 85% are "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with manufacturing as a career path
- 73% are "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with their current job
- Job stability matters most (21%) followed by challenging work (20%)
- Base salaries exceed $114,000
- Finding manufacturing talent is an ongoing concern
8-page .pdf (a $10 value, free for registering)
Register for Free Access (Valid Email Required)
Please register to get free access to Download IndustryWeek's Salary Survey (.pdf format) as well as all of IndustryWeek's exclusive content. You will also receive a complimentary 8-page copy of IndustryWeek's Salary Survey (retail value $10) sent to you by email.