Compiled By Deborah Austin With recent execution and collaboration enhancements to the Oracle Supply Chain Management solution, companies can burnish their supply chains into more-competitive business weapons, says enterprise software company Oracle Corp., Redwood Shores, Calif. New products and capabilities include:
- Warehouse Management Solution -- configurable rules-based architecture adaptable to companies' specific business processes.
- Transportation -- rules-based carrier selection, track/trace capabilities, integrated freight rating.
- Service Management -- two new field engineer optimization products, Oracle Advanced Scheduler and Oracle Mobile & Wireless Field Service.
- Collaborative Planning -- enables companies to share inventory levels, identify supply/demand mismatches, see supply constraints through a common portal.
- Collaborative Sourcing -- with tools such as Internet auctions, request support and supplier score carding.
- Collaborative Manufacturing -- enabling manufacturing partners to exchange operational details such as schedules, material availability, and invoices from a common portal.