The Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development recently announced $2.5 million in state funding assistance for a number of manufacturing projects in western Pennsylvania.
Projects receiving approval include:
- IDL Inc. The designer and manufacturer of point-of-purchase advertising displays and signs, received a low-interest $250,000 Machinery and Equipment Loan Fund (MELF) loan to purchase printing presses and a panel saw.
- Herr-Voss Industries Inc. The remanufacturer that serves steel and aluminum strip processing mills was awarded $45,000 in Job Creation Tax Credits for creating 45 new jobs and retaining 15 jobs through a $5.7 million expansion.
- Sippel Co. Inc. The manufacturer and fabricator of steel framework, received a $375,000 MELF loan to purchase an existing building and new equipment, and to consolidate its operation.
- Grannas Bros. Stone and Asphalt Co. Inc. The producer of concrete, stone, and asphalt paving materials was awarded a $400,000 MELF loan to purchase and install new crushing equipment, a laboratory, and scales at a new quarry pit.
- Penn United Technology Inc. The advanced-technology manufacturer of carbide dies received a $500,000 MELF loan to purchase equipment.
- Johnstown Welding and Fabricating Inc. The structural steel manufacturer and fabricator was awarded a $500,000 MELF loan to purchase equipment.