Last month I attended the Change Connect Symposium produced by the Association of Change Management Professionals Pacific Northwest Chapter.
During the event we facilitated a workshop on finding and developing change agents. In the workshop about 40 change management professionals divided into six groups to list their collective thoughts on four issues.
The four issues are:
- Required competencies of a change management professional
- Sources of change management talent
- Activites to develop change management competency
- Compensation and retention activities
This is the first of four blogs on the results. What are the required competencies of a change management professional?
- Analytical Skills
- Listening Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Detail Oriented
- Process Orientation
- Baptized in the Real World
- OD (Organizational Development) Background
- Communications (Engaging)
- Low Ego