The Top 5 Do's:
- Do align with key stakeholders.
- Do succinctly summarize benefits for top management.
- Do reduce your scope to actionable items.
- Do maintain perspective of both your business and cultural model.
- Do test multiple options before drawing conclusions.
The Top 5 Don'ts:
- Don't use competitors that match up poorly with your supply chain processes.
- Don't ignore your competition.
- Don't use the "boil the ocean" approach (focus, focus, focus).
- Don't use benchmarking and data analysis tools without understanding how they work.
- Don't work in a vacuum and think your organization knows it all.
Source: Supply Chain Consortium