Intel Corp. announced on March 17 the 13 winners of the company's most prestigious award for suppliers: the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award. The award recognizes companies that provided products and services deemed essential to Intel's business success.
The 2007 SCQI winners are: Asymtek, a Nordson Co.; Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co.; DISCO Corp.; Grohmann Engineering; Hitachi High-Technologies Corp.; Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.; ICOS Vision Systems, NV; Kelly Services, Inc.; Moses Lake Industries (Tama Chemicals); Nippon Mining & Metals Co., Ltd.; Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd.; SUMCO Corp. and TXC Corp.
"The SCQI award winners are role models in the industry," said Brian Krzanich, vice president and general manager of Intel's Manufacturing and Supply Chain. "These 13 suppliers are distinguished by their sustained exceptional performance and commitment to manufacturing support. We commend and thank them for their superb level of achievement."
The SCQI award is part of Intel's Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement process, which encourages Intel's suppliers to strive for excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for SCQI status, suppliers must score at least 95% on a report card that assesses performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technology and responsiveness goals.
Additional information about the program is available at http://supplier.intel.com/quality.
The SCQI winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Asymtek, a Nordson Co., supplies automated dispense equipment
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co. supplies plastic injection mold trays and LGA covers (shipping media)
- DISCO Corp. supplies precision singulation, wafer saws, polishers and grinding equipment
- Grohmann Engineering supplies assembly capital equipment
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corp. supplies etchers, CD-SEM and defect inspection tools
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc. supplies diffusion furnaces
- ICOS Vision Systems, NV supplies automated visual inspection equipment
- Kelly Services, Inc. provides staffing services
- Moses Lake Industries (Tama Chemicals) supplies ultra-high purity process and performance chemicals
- Nippon Mining & Metals Co., Ltd. supplies sputtering targets for physical vapor deposition applications
- Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd. supplies soldering materials
- SUMCO Corp. supplies 200mm and 300mm polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- TXC Corp. supplies crystals and oscillators