Document Management for SYSPRO, an ERP provider, will enable mid-market manufacturers to gain new cost and time efficiencies while addressing regulatory compliance mandates.
The new solution offers enhanced workflow features, enables organizations to access, manage and automate the routing of all digital content, including scanned paper documents, e-mails, faxes, print streams, application files, e-forms, Web content and multimedia files. The solution is holistically embedded into SYSPROs standard ERP solution set.
"We are also responding to industry requests to factor green thinking into our offerings," said Joey Benadretti, president of SYSPRO USA.
Document Management for SYSPRO also provides an inherent document trail that protects and verifies the integrity and security of unstructured documents. Annotations can be added to all documents, and revisions of internal documents can be produced/altered as required. The additional Workflow option provides the ability to configure document-centric electronic workflows to route documents according to pre-defined rules and with ad-hoc decision opportunities.
Dioptics Medical Products, a producer of sunglasses, reading glasses and associated eye care products and accessories headquartered in San Luis Obispo, Calif., is using the new solution to automate labor-intensive Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and project maintenance schedules. The company reports the following benefits:
- Documents are instantly available with role-based security set-up via a simple mouse click;
- Remote vendors can access engineering drawings from the Web;
- User interface options for document retrieval mimic the way users work, enabling users to find documents using custom queries, folders, cross-references or keywords;
- Automatic notifications and keyword load balancing in the ECO workflow distribute work to appropriate vendors and staff, eliminating the need to manually e-mail documents and confirmations; and
- Version control access provides document history to ensure that vendors have viewed the correct documents and annotate their acceptance and review cycles.