- Make some supply chain IT investments now.
- Decide whether to replace or upgrade.
- Get a handle on Software as a Service (SaaS) and cloud computing.
- Establish the next steps in your warehouse management system strategy.
- Find transportation management systems that can help reduce your supply chain costs.
- Enable supply chain IT through product extensibility.
- Handle regulatory compliance mandates in an efficient manner.
- Put data to work through supply chain/business intelligence.
- Contend with the talent gap.
- Keep a global perspective by taking advantage of global trade management solutions.
- Close the open checkbook by establishing stronger vendor-client relationships.
Source: Tompkins Associates
Top 11 Priorities for Supply Chain Information Technology
First on the list -- make investments now.