What are the most serious supplier quality challenges facing the manufacturing industry? Sparta Systems, a provider of enterprise quality and compliance management solutions, posed that question to its customers, primarily in the agricultural, life sciences, pharmaceutical, and food and beverage industries, and compiled a list of the top five concerns.
- Reluctance to implement performance-based scorecards.
- Inefficient, decentralized reporting.
- Lack of senior-level involvement in supply quality management.
- Constant battle between supply quality management and supply chain management.
- Lack of risk-based analysis for supplier quality.