Seeking out the secrets of the best-in-class supply chain centers, Best Practices, a Chapel Hill, N.C-based research and consulting firm, surveyed 200 companies in 30 industries. To become successful companies should;
- Set performance metrics for order management & distribution center operations.
- Use new technology and drive automation in order management processes.
- Ensure high satisfaction levels internally and externally.
- Define, measure and communicate value to internal and external customers.
These strategies translated into business practices.
- Top companies;Use activity-based costing universally to increase visibility of operational costs.
- Enhance CSR authority and training to deliver proactive customer service.
- Drive cycle time reductions everywhere through six sigma teams and use of cycle time metrics.
For a free copy of the whitepaper (study) visit http://www3.best-in-class.com/bestp/domrep.nsf/bb282ab5b9f8fa6d85256dd6006b3e81/8831e0c19df1679085256ddc006f3364!OpenDocument
Interested in information related to this topic? Subscribe to ourweekly Value ChaineNewsletter.