With cybersecurity challenges growing and hitting more companies, IndustryWeek gathered a panel earlier this month of the best and brightest editors from our parent company to discuss why things are happening now, and what manufacturers can do about it.
For those of you who prefer audio to video, please enjoy this podcast of the live video conversation that took place Nov. 9. Our speakers were:
- Scott Achelpohhl, managing editor of Smart Industry. Scott recent wrote about the growth of digital adoption in manufacturing, noting that cybersecurity is a driving factor for many companies.
- Alix Paultre, editor-at-large for Electronics Design. Alix recently hosted a podcast discussing the cybersecurity implications of quantum computing.
- Bruce Geiselman, senior staff reporter for Plastics Machinery & Manufacturing. In a recent podcast, Bruce spoke about steps manufacturers can take to defend against attacks.
- Jason McDaniel, editor of Bulk Transporter magazine and part of Endeavor's fleet group that also includes FleetOwner and Fleet Maintenance magazines. Jason recently covered cyberthreats in commercial trucking, including a demonstration of hackers taking over commercial truck antilock braking systems.
- Steve Lasky, editorial director of Endeavor's security group which includes SecurityInfoWatch.com and Security Technology Executive. Steve's recent work includes a podcast about digital twins.