Rival Apple says that it reserves the right to seek permanent injunctions banning the sale of all 28 Samsung devices which a jury on Friday found infringed its patents. But it presented a shorter list of Samsung products "to address a portion of the immediate, ongoing irreparable harm that Apple is suffering."
Samsung Electronics (IW 1000/15) vowed on Tuesday to take "all necessary measures" to keep its products on U.S. store shelves, in response to Apple's request for a ban on sales of some smartphones.
After winning a $1.05 billion U.S. court judgment in a patent suit last week, Apple (IW 500/9) on Monday filed a court request to ban eight Samsung mobile devices including versions of its Galaxy and Droid smartphones.
Samsung, the world's biggest technology firm, countered in a statement: "We will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products in the U.S. market."
Rival Apple says that it reserves the right to seek permanent injunctions banning the sale of all 28 Samsung devices which a jury on Friday found infringed its patents.
But it presented a shorter list of Samsung products "to address a portion of the immediate, ongoing irreparable harm that Apple is suffering."
The phones that Apple included on its list for a sales ban are old models but still available through wireless carriers and online retailers. Samsung's newest flagship products -- Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note -- were not included.