IndustryWeek chats with John Dyer, author of "The Façade of Excellence: Defining a New Normal of Leadership," as well as a regular contributor to IndustryWeek on continuous improvement and leadership. Among the questions he fields in this discussion are:
1. What do you mean by "The Facade of Excellence"?
2. Is there more than one way to lead?
3. You've taken an interesting approach to addressing this topic -- It's part fiction novel and part analysis and practical application. Why did you decide to take this approach?
4. You use the words 'team' and 'collaboration' a lot. Why are they important?
5. What's the first step toward becoming a better leader?
Interested in hearing more from John Dyer? Here is a selection of articles he has written for IndustryWeek: