ByJohn H. SheridanAt A Glance
- Production operations are grouped into "focused factory" teams, each devoted to a major customer or product line.
- Brought specialized long-lead tooling capability in-house for proprietary casting and molding operations. This speeds transition from product concept to full production, contributing to 50% reduction in product-development cycle.
- Productivity climbed 169% in five years.
- Cost per unit reduced by 29%.
- Scrap/rework costs slashed by 64%.
- Finished-product "failure" rate is just 70 ppm.
- Manufacturing cycle time reduced by 50%.
- On-time delivery is at 100%.