Global supply chain optimization provider Manhattan Associates, Inc. recently announced enhancements to and certification of its Manhattan ILS: Integrated Logistics Solutions, built on Microsoft.NET, developed for companies that want supply chain solutions that make use of Microsoft's .NET technology.
According to the company, Manhattan ILS uses optimization techniques to improve the flow of goods throughout supply chains, enabling customers to tie together processes, data and workflows to increase order accuracy, improve deliveries and gain visibility into inventory. The solution is optimized for the Microsoft platform, and uses the complete Microsoft.NET Framework to provide a familiar, easy-to-use experience across all modules.
As the first supply chain software to be Certified for Microsoft Dynamics, Manhattan ILS gives Microsoft Dynamics AX customers a certified solution with independently tested integration that has been deployed at numerous companies.
The Manhattan ILS solution suite includes: warehouse management, labor management, transportation management, yard management, extended enterprise management and performance management.
"Manhattan Associates has made substantial commitments in expanding its R&D for this latest release, broadening its functionality within warehousing, transportation, labor management, billing management, slotting optimization, trading partner management, RFID support, and business intelligence," said Greg Aimi, research director at AMR Research.
Features and enhancements of Manhattan ILS include:
- New graphical outbound dock management screen, using Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) technology, supports real-time management of shipping dock operations;
- Improved visibility to dock locations, tasking post-picking, and trailer loading providing optimized distribution processes;
- Additional Web Services interfaces added to support Work Orders and Bills of Material;
- Continued expansion of service-oriented architecture (SOA) platform by exposing supply chain processes as Web services and supporting Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) technology;
- Additional developments to the Performance Management Dashboard including a graphical representation of trend analysis, and a new option called Analytics, which analyzes labor and profits to provide greater supply chain visibility;
- Enhanced wave management capabilities including the ability to better personalize the selection of shipments and the ability to more effectively manage custom wave filters;
- Updated interface for Microsoft Dynamics AX with significant enhancements to serial and lot processing for greater inventory accuracy and accountability.
According to Matt Wojewuczki, vice president of operations for women's accessories manufacturer Vera Bradley, "Manhattan ILS manages inventory flow from order to delivery in our primary distribution center, which fills orders from more than 3,500 retail locations."
For more information, visit www.manh.com.Interested in information related to this topic? Subscribe to our Information Technology eNewsletter.