Compiled ByTraci Purdum A recent Deloitte & Touche study, 2003 Technology Fast 500 CEO Survey, outlines what CEOs of North American technology companies are facing in terms of the economy, investor confidence, profitability challenges, global markets, hiring practices, marketing challenges and strategies for continued success. Highlights of the survey include:
- 88% of CEOs surveyed cited regaining investor confidence in corporate executives as a key to economic recovery.
- Achieving and sustaining profitability was the biggest personal challenge for 31% of the respondents.
- 65% of CEOs are focusing on North American markets, up from 59% last year and more than twice as many as two years ago.
- 81% of the CEOs plan to hire new employees in the next 12 months, albeit on a conservative scale. Indeed, 49% anticipate adding less than 25 new employees.
- When asked what was the biggest marketing challenge, 33% of the CEOs surveyed said dismal economic conditions; 23% said developing and bringing new products to market; 12% said managing customer relationships; 10% said establishing and maintaining brand presence; and 9% stated building strategic relationships.