Compiled ByDave Schafer Eleven companies took home a "Signature in Steel" sculpture given for the fourth annual Bethlehem Steel Corp. Premier Supplier of the Year awards. Bethlehem says the winners were chosen from the more than 7,000 suppliers around the world that provide the company with US$3 billion worth of products and services each year. The winners met or exceeded a set of criteria including quality, performance, and cost, the Bethlehem, Pa.-based company says. "These suppliers represent the best of the best," says Duane R. Dunham, president and CEO, Bethlehem. "A premier supply chain is a vital element in meeting our customers requirements for quality, service, technology, and cost." The 2000 Bethlehem Premier Suppliers of the Year are:
For Maintenance, Repair, and Operating Supplies For Raw Materials, Raw Materials Handling For Transportation
- Alloy Sling Chain Industries Ltd.: East Hazelcrest, Ill.
- Hilti Inc., Steel Service Div.: Merrillville, Ind.
- Motion Industries Inc.: Birmingham, Ala.
- Stauffer Manufacturing Co.: Red Hill, Pa.
- American Metals And Coal International: Greenwich, Conn.
- Bulk Transport Corp.: Michigan City, Ind.
- Cominco Ltd.: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- C.J. Langenfelder & Son Inc.: Baltimore
- The Levy Co.: Portage, Ind.
- Rossborough Manufacturing Co. LP: Avon Lake, Ohio
- Ficel Transport Inc.: Blasdell, N.Y.