Compiled ByTraci Purdum Pitney Bowes Inc.'s Expedited Mail and Package Management (EMPM) solution is tailored to meet the needs of large businesses that ship more than 50 overnight packages per day. According to the Stamford, Conn.-based provider of integrated mail and document management systems, services and solutions, the solution could lower the costs of overnight mail and package shipping. Part of Pitney Bowes Management Services (PBMS) Mail Center Management suite of products, the EMPM solution combines Pitney Bowes Distribution Solutions technology including its DeliverAbility, Desktop Express and Ascent software products. EMPM can be used by all departments across an enterprise including enterprise shipping managers, procurement executives and finance or accounts payable departments. Users of the EMPM solution can select value-added services, create ship requests and arrange for optional mail center pickup right from their desktops. Another feature, Street Smart, enables users to verify addresses. Other features include:
- Shifting expedited deliveries to later in the day or the next day;
- Limiting access to morning deliveries if needed;
- Analyzing enterprise shipment data to pinpoint cost savings;
- More accurately allocating costs for best accounting;
- Reducing the proliferation of multiple accounts for each carrier for streamlined billing;
- Shopping service offerings within carriers to get the best rate.