The American Society of Quality (ASQ) presided over a celebration on April 19, in Washington, D.C., honoring the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award winners. ASQ has been the administrator of this prestigious award program since 1991.
This year's recipients include:
- Sunny Fresh Foods, Inc., Monticello, Minn. Manufacturer of value-added egg-based food products primarily for the food service industry. SFF produces over 160 products and has more than 2,000 customers, including quick service restaurants, schools, healthcare organizations and the military.
- DynMcDermott Petroleum Operations Company, New Orleans, La. The sole management and operations contractor for the Department of Energy's Strategic Petroleum Reserve - the United States' emergency oil stockpile -- the largest emergency petroleum supply in the world.
- Park Place Lexus, Dallas, Texas. A dealer of new Lexus vehicles and pre-owned luxury vehicles. The business services Lexus and other vehicles, and sells Lexus parts to the wholesale and retail markets.
- Richland College, Dallas, Texas. A two-year community college in the Dallas County community college district. Their key student segment is transfer students, whose primary goal is further education at a four-year university.
- Jenks Public Schools, Jenks, Okla. Serves both suburban and urban populations. Its programs and services include an intergenerational program with pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students and the elderly, a "Parents as Teachers Program", and a student and teacher exchange program with a school in Chengdu, China.
- Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo, Mich. A tertiary medical center providing inpatient and outpatient care in virtually every specialty. Bronson is the only high-risk pregnancy center in southwest Michigan.
"These organizations represent the highest ideals in terms of successfully applying the principles of quality improvement and the Baldridge Framework for Performance Excellence," said ASQ Chairman Daniel Duhan.
Interested in information related to this topic? Subscribe to our weekly Value-chain eNewsletter.