A number of companies have benefited from manufacturing conglomerate Honeywell International's solutions that reduce energy consumption and increase safety:
- Dominion Energy used Honeywell's Uniformance PHD to gather and track reports and data to meet government regulations and requirements.
- Glanbia Ingredients stabilized the use of energy in its energy-intensive evaporation and drying process.
- Formosa Plastics reduced consumption of furnace fuel gas and steam.
- LG Petrochemicals reduced energy consumption by 8% by reducing steam consumption in separation towers and energy in refrigeration circuits.
- YNCC reduced overall energy consumption by 3% by reducing steam consumption in separation towers and energy in refrigeration circuits.
- Transgas Atlantico turned to Honeywell to help it comply with safety, environmental and legal regulations. The complete solution installed by Honeywell includes a control system, a fire safety system, fire and gas detection installations, closed-circuit TV, access control and anti-intrusion solutions. The solution provides maximum security for the sprawling site and protection for employees, allowing for the safe handling of potentially hazardous materials.
- Honeywell also helped an Alon refinery meet strict burner management compliance standards of the U.S. National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) for fire prevention and public safety.
For more information on how other leading manufacturers such as 3M, Steelcase, Stonyfield Farms, Interface are setting and achieving their environmental goals, visit IW's Green Spot microsite at www.industryweek.com/greenspot.