The list of top ten aerospace and defense companies (by 2022 earnings) closely resembles 2021's list, with the usual jockeying for position. Notable changes include General Dynamics making a return to one of the top ten slots after dropping off last year, Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc., Howmet Aerospace Inc. and L3Harris Technologies entering this year's top ten, and Spirit Aerosystems Holdings Inc. just missing the cut at 11th place. The Boeing Company is the only member of the top ten that posted a negative profit margin.
2023 IW U.S. 500 Coverage
- 2023 IW U.S. 500: Oil & Gas Production Dominate Manufacturing
- The 2023 IW U.S. 500: A Radically Changed List that Asks Which Top Companies Really Manufacture Anything
- PDF Download of the IW U.S. 500 List
- IW U.S. 500 Rejects: Apple, Nike, Hasbro and 68 Other Companies that Don't Make Their Own Products Removed from Manufacturers List
- IW U.S. 500 Rejects List: Companies Pulled from the List Because They Don't Manufacture Products