North Canton, Ohio-based ATM manufacturer Diebold Inc. today said it plans to build a new world headquarters in the Akron/Canton region.Pending approvals, Diebold said it will receive around $100 million in total state and local help for the project. "If approved at the relevant state and local levels, the completed headquarters project will help drive the company's need for a truly world-class facility that better aligns the organization, stimulates process efficiencies and enhances our ability to recruit and retain top-tier talent -- all while continuing to make a significant economic contribution to the region Diebold has called 'home' for nearly 150 years," the company said in a news release.
- Corporate offices.
- R&D functions.
- Hardware and software engineering.
- Financial and administrative operations.
- Customer service and event-monitoring centers.
- Employee training and education functions.
- Sales and marketing for the company's financial self-service, security and integrated services businesses.