While we have a great staff of dedicated editors here at IndustryWeek, we can’t write about everything. So, here’s a roundup of news from our parent company Endeavor Business Media’s many news brands.
- How train derailments affect manufacturers & how automation can help. With the rise of derailments in the news, the public has more and more questions about freight train and rail safety regulations. Chatting with Everstream Analytics’ intelligence solutions manager, Smart Industry inquires about modernizing technologies in the rail industry.
- Product pulse — Innovative tools and equipment affecting the industry. On this new episode of The Tool Belt podcast, listen to or read the conversation between New Equipment Digest Editor-in-Chief Laura Davis and Plant Services Editor-in-Chief Thomas Wilk; the editors discuss smart technologies, product innovation and their brand partnership.
- EMERGING TECH | Interior lighting environment will boost autonomous vehicle development. This article from LEDs Magazine explores the many ways in which automotive interior lighting has an impact of functionality and user experience. From the legibility of interior displays to ambience and aesthetics, new lighting advancements will give manufacturers the opportunity to make their brands unique.
- Getting Started with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly—And Getting It Right. According to Power & Motion, there are many questions companies have surrounding Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA). Watch as Machine Design Senior Editor Stephen Mraz discusses the challenges of implementing DFMA with expert panelists.
- Machine safety standards support OSHA requirements. Coming from from Control Design Chief Editor Mike Bacidore, learn about safety-equipment technologies, industrial automation and achieving OSHA requirements with this Q&A-style article with Catie Hillard, CSME, client success manager, machinery safety, AE Solutions.