While we have a great staff of dedicated editors here at IndustryWeek, we can’t write about everything. So, here’s a roundup of news from our parent company Endeavor Business Media’s many news brands.
- Types of manufacturing wastes and smart ways to reduce them. “Manufacturing waste is commonly overlooked by business owners, but its unchecked presence can have a substantial financial impact on a company,” writes Erich Lawson. This Smart Industry piece details the seven types of manufacturing wastes and five ways to reduce them.
- Interest in Electrical Engineering Degrees on the Decline. In this Electrical Construction & Maintenance article, Tom Zind examines a recent report from The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation and potential outcomes to the impending electrical engineering shortage.
- Mitsubishi Fuso, Hino to merge. Rod Sutton, editorial director of Construction Equipment, reports on the memorandum of understanding for the merger of Mitsubishi Fuso and Hino. The companies will collaborate on a number of initiatives and create a globally competitive commercial vehicle manufacturer, he writes.
- Comau Creates Automated Process for Battery Recycling, Second-Life Repurposing. Learn more about the EU’s Flexible Battery Dismantling project and second-life repurposing of automotive batteries in this New Equipment Digest article.
- Superior Essex to expand fiber-optic cable manufacturing capacity. Stephen Hardy, editorial director of Lightwave, describes the $73 million expansion project of Superior Essex Communications’ Brownwood, Texas, facility; the extension will bring the plant’s total to over 500,000 square feet of production, he writes.