While we have a great staff of dedicated editors here at IndustryWeek, we can’t write about everything. So, here’s a roundup of news from our parent company Endeavor Business Media’s many news brands.
- Federal Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Funding Announced for Pennsylvania. PennDOT has announced the first round of awards for the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure program. The $33.8 million, a portion of the $171.5 million PennDOT will receive through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, will fund 54 projects in 35 Pennsylvania counties. Learn more about the federal investment in this Roads & Bridges article.
- Advancing Sustainability in 3D Printing. “By moving away from preconceived notions tied to traditional manufacturing processes, companies can fully leverage the advantages of 3D printing, contributing to a sustainable and more environmentally conscious future,” writes Machine Design Technical Editor Sharon Spielman. This piece explores how additive manufacturing can make industry eco-friendly.
- John Deere Invests $69.6 Million to Build Battery and Charger Manufacturing Plant in North Carolina. Plant Services reports on John Deere Electric Powertrain’s plans to build a 115,000-square-foot plant in Kernersville, North Carolina. The project is expected to create 50 new jobs, and the facility will produce battery packs and chargers.
- Bridgestone Teams with Truckers Against Trafficking to Shine Light on Global Crisis. In this Q&A-style article, Fleet Maintenance speaks with Josh Holland, VP of Dealer Development and Mobility Solutions Deployment for Bridgestone Americas, to learn more about how those in the transportation industry can identify and combat human trafficking.
- Putting Generative Artificial Intelligence to Work in Procurement. As Generative AI continues to rapidly grow and develop, there are many ongoing discussions as to how it can be used to the advantage of companies. Editor Bridget McCrea analyzes three current and potential applications for this technology in procurement in Supply Chain Connect.
- GE Appliances Invests $34 Million to Expand Refrigeration Manufacturing. The investment at Monogram Refrigeration LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Appliances, will add new fabrication equipment, increase the size of the facility and add an assembly line to build integrated bottom-freezer refrigerators. Also, 150 new jobs will be added at the Selmer, Tennessee, plant.
- EPRI Launches Collaborative Initiative to Support Widescale National EV Rollout. Electric Power Research Institute has announced EVs2Scale2030, a three-year initiative to support EV charging infrastructure and help the U.S. meet its 2030 targets. EC&M reports on the project, including its stakeholders like the DOE, Amazon and leading electric companies.
- Pharma Facility Commissioning in a Virtual World. “Across facility design, production line layouts and equipment specification, digital twins enable decreased physical commissioning times, reduced risk, increased reliability and lower costs throughout the manufacturing operations commissioning process,” writes Sachin Misra for Pharma Manufacturing. This piece describes the widespread capabilities and benefits of virtual commissioning.