Industryweek 3961 Natural Gas Promo

ExxonMobil, Statoil Announce Tanzania Gas Find

March 18, 2013
This is the third major discovery in a year by the two companies in the country.

OSLO -- Norwegian oil group Statoil (IW 1000/27) Monday announced a large natural gas find with partner ExxonMobil  (IW 500/1)off Tanzania's coast, the third major discovery in a year by the two companies in the country.

The Tangawizi-1 well contained between 712 million and 1.07 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe), bringing the total reserves of the block in question to between 2.67 and 3.03 billion boe, the Oslo-based company said.

It was located at a depth of 2,300 met3res, 10 kilometers from the previous Zafarani and Lavani discoveries, which the company believes could hold recoverable reserves of up to 2.32 billion boe.

Statoil is the operator of the block on behalf of the Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation and has a 65% stake in the license, with the remaining 35% held by ExxonMobil.

Copyright Agence France-Presse, 2013

Popular Sponsored Recommendations

Why DataOps may be the key to unlocking the full potential of digital transformation

Nov. 3, 2023
Read the 2023 market survey conducted by IndustryWeek

7 Crucial Steps to Improve Your OT Security

Oct. 23, 2023
Enhance OT security in manufacturing and production. Uncover the crucial steps to safeguard your operational technology. Protect against evolving threats and bridge the IT-OT ...

Disruptive EV Technologies Are Driving New Supplier Realities

Sept. 20, 2023
Vehicle electrification is upending the automotive landscape, forcing suppliers to make critical strategic and operational decisions. Understand what that means for you in our...

Discrete and Process Manufacturing 2024 Trends and Outlook for North America

Oct. 29, 2023
Manufacturers are reaping the benefits of automation and cloud-based solutions. Discover what is driving today's industry trends and how they can shape your growth priorities ...

Voice your opinion!

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of IndustryWeek, create an account today!