Consulting firm Aberdeen Group last week unveiled the agenda and overall theme for its annual CPO Summit to be held Nov. 13-14 in San Francisco. In it's fourth year, the firm's Chief Procurement Officer's (CPO) Summit has become a valluable stop for global procurement executives to learn, network, and discuss the strategies needed to extend the broad transformation of their organizations.
This year's theme, "CPO Rising," will focus on the strategies that leading CPOs have employed to turn supply management into a competitive weapon. According to Andrew Bartolini, vice president of global supply management research at Aberdeen, the theme is reflective of the significant gains made by procurement over the past decade and how they have helped elevate the function within the enterprise.
"We are extremely honored to have a world-renowned panel of CPOs who will share how they are rising to meet new challenges, rising to new operational heights, and rising in prominence within the enterprise," Bartonlini said. "These leading CPOs will also highlight the key strategies they will use to propel their teams forward in 2009."
This year's CPO Summit will leverage Aberdeen's leading global supply management research and offer compelling best practice presentations from prominent procurement leaders including:
- Scott Singer, global head of procurement (CPO), Rio Tinto
- Kirk Eberhart, global director of supply chain, Material Sciences Corp.
- Farley Blackman, Vice President, sustainable cost management, BP plc
- Jim Polak, director, general purchasing (CPO), PPG Industries, Inc.
Key topics on this year's agenda include:
- Mining Value from Procurement
- People, Process, Technology: The CPO's Strategic Agenda
- Globalization and Supply Risk Management
- Sustainable Procurement
- Spend Analysis & Strategic Sourcing
- Procurement Outsourcing
- P-card Best Practices
- Complex Category Management
- E-Payables: Linking Procurement with Accounts Payable
- Supply Chain Finance -- The intersection of Supply Chain, Treasury, and Procurement
For registration and Summit information, visit: http://www.aberdeen.com/events/live/CPO08/