At a recent meeting of the Congressional Internet Caucus RFID Demonstration in Washington, D.C., AIM Global, an RFID trade association, discussed ways to ensure individual privacy with relation to RFID technology.
AIM is asking for procedures to let customers:
- Know if products contain tags.
- Give them the option to remove the tags.
- Allow them to opt out of RFID-enabled services.
- Right to access an RFID's tag's stored data.
- Right to know when, where and why the tags are being read.
For more information visit: https://www.aimglobal.org/estore/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=306
Interested in information related to this topic? Subscribe to our weekly RFID eNewsletter.