With the start of 2023, IndustryWeek is excited to announce some staffing changes. Starting Jan. 3, 2023, Ryan Secard transitions from the news editor position he has held for the past two years to become our talent and workforce editor.
Secard, who started at IW as an intern in 2019, will be responsible for covering labor and the ongoing challenges companies face in attracting top talent. He takes that role over from Adrienne Selko. who will continue to work for IndustryWeek parent company Endeavor Business Media’s other manufacturing related titles.
Replacing Secard as news editor is Anna Smith. Smith has been an editorial assistant at IW since 2021 and contributed to last year’s award-winning feature “From Gen Z to C-Suite: an Intergenerational Conversation on Innovation.”
A graduate of Kent State University, Smith will handle IW’s daily newsletters and breaking news of interest to the manufacturing industry.
“Adrienne Selko has been an amazing editor and contributor to IndustryWeek for a long time, and I’m sorry to see her go,” said IndustryWeek Editor-in-Chief Robert Schoenberger, adding that Selko had been splitting her time between multiple brands and will now be able to focus her efforts on a more targeted set of topics. “But, I’m excited to bring new voices to cover these vital topics in the new year. Ryan’s keen analytic skills shaped much of our workforce coverage last year as he spotted trends in federal data. And Anna’s storytelling skills are fantastic, so I’m excited to see what she’ll do as news editor.”
For 2023, IndustryWeek’s editorial staff and coverage specialties are:
- Editor-in-Chief Robert Schoenberger: General manufacturing topics
- Executive Editor Jill Jusko: Continuous improvement, IndustryWeek Best Plants Awards
- Senior Editor Laura Putre: Leadership, automotive, contributed editorial material
- Senior Editor at Large Geert De Lombaerde: Financial performance
- Editor Dennis Scimeca: Manufacturing technology
- Editor Ryan Secard: Talent, workforce
- News Editor Anna Smith: Newsletters, breaking news