Independence, OH – National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA) chapters across the country are planning events today to promote manufacturing to their local communities as part of the second annual Manufacturing Day.
Manufacturing Day – or MFG DAY –addresses common misperceptions about manufacturing by giving manufacturers across the United States an opportunity to show what manufacturing is – and what it is not. The goal is for manufacturers to connect with future generations, take charge of the public image of manufacturing, and ensure the ongoing prosperity of the whole industry.
“For those of us dedicated to maintaining the strength and competitiveness of the American manufacturing sector, every day is MFG Day” said NTMA President Dave Tilstone. “But October 4 is an important opportunity to share our passion for manufacturing with our communities, especially the next generation of Americans who will ensure that manufacturing continues to be an engine that drives the economy and innovation here at home.”
Many NTMA member chapters are hosting special events on October 4, including (partial list):
- Boston Tooling & Machining Association (BTMA), Boston, MA and NTMA’s Cleveland, OH Chapter and Pittsburgh, PA Chapter will be part of statewide networks of manufacturers that will open their doors to students, teachers and parents for events that will highlight the importance of manufacturing to the nation’s economy.
- Indiana Chapter, NTMA, Indianapolis, IN will celebrate MFG Day with an event at the Lincoln College of Technology. The day will feature the inaugural launch of the school’s CNC Machining & Manufacturing Technology Program and include a tour of Lincoln’s CNC facility, equipment demonstrations, and more.
- Michiana Chapter, NTMA, Michiana, IN is collaborating with Purdue University Manufacturing Extension Partnership by scheduling local high school student shop tours of local NTMA Member companies on MFG Day.
- NW Pennsylvania Chapter, NTMA will host a special MFG Day event as part of its ongoing “Home Town Manufacturing,” a program that invites students, parents, school administrators and teachers to local NTMA member companies to show them “advanced technology, clean workplaces, and seriously cool parts” throughout the year.
- San Diego Chapter NTMA, San Diego, CA will host a San Diego Manufacturing Day Breakfast to highlight the importance of the manufacturing industry for North County.
Follow all of the MFG Day events on IndustryWeek here!