Holly and Frontier Merge to Create $7 Billion Oil Company

Feb. 22, 2011
New company will gain increased access to Canadian crude oil.

Oil refiners Holly Corp. and Frontier Oil Corp. have agreed to merge into an enterprise with a combined value of $7 billion, the companies said in a joint statement Feb. 22.

The new company will be named HollyFrontier Corp. and will be based in Dallas at Holly's current headquarters.

The transaction, expected to be completed early in the third quarter, creates the most profitable independent refiner on a per barrel basis in the United States, according to the companies. The new company's refining capacity will be more than 440,000 barrels-per-day across five refineries.

The merger will allow the companies to increase their refining capacity in fast-growing regions and expand access low-cost Canadian crude oil, the companies said. HollyFrontier will serve the Mid-Continent, Rocky Mountain and Southwest refining markets.

HollyFrontier expects the merger to create annual cost savings of at least $30 million through reduced expenses and increased operational efficiencies.

Holly shareholders are expected to own approximately 51% of the company, with Frontier shareholders owning the remaining 49%.

Popular Sponsored Recommendations

Modern Edge Computing Accelerates Smart Manufacturing Initiatives for Discrete Manufacturers

Oct. 22, 2023
Discover how Edge Computing platforms are a requisite for discrete manufacturers to solve production challenges, accelerate digitalization, and establish a reliable infrastructure...

Process Mining For Dummies

Nov. 19, 2023
Here it is. Everything you need to know about process mining in a single book, written in the easy-to-understand, hard-to-forget style that ‘For Dummies’ manages so effortlessly...

Digitally Transforming Data and Processes With Product Lifecycle Management

Oct. 29, 2023
Manufacturers face increasing challenges in product development as they strive to consistently deliver improved results. Discover how industry leaders are improving time-to-market...

Smarter Savings for Manufacturers - Guide

Sept. 11, 2023
Boost your manufacturing sales and revenue while reducing costs. Learn how one platform can help your business be more agile and productive in today's market.

Voice your opinion!

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of IndustryWeek, create an account today!