While we have a great staff of dedicated editors here at IndustryWeek, we can’t write about everything. So, here’s a roundup of news from our parent company Endeavor Business Media’s many news brands.
- Eli Lilly to invest additional $1.6B in Indiana manufacturing sites. Adding up to 700 new jobs, the total investment for the new manufacturing facilities in Boone County has now reached $3.7 billion, according to this Pharma Manufacturing piece. The article also details additional investments made by the company to address workforce shortages in the industry.
- Finding Value amidst the High Ideals of a Net Zero Future: Keeping Affordability top of Mind. In this EnergyTech story, Senior Editor Rod Walton describes how creating this massive energy transformation requires support from all stakeholders. “The conversations have to start today, because they will be ever evolving,” he writes.
- Changing control systems: DCS/PLC connectivity to business systems. Learn more about low-code and no-code products that support connections between DCS/PLC to ERP, CMMS and LIMS platforms in this Smart Industry article by Heath Stephens.
- Volvo Trucks customer Utah PaperBox deploys first zero-tailpipe emission Volvo VNR Electric Truck in Utah. Vehicle Service Pros reports on a Class 8 battery-electric truck purchased through the Utah Clean Diesel Program for a family-run company. The investment will boost sustainability for a region that suffers from air quality challenges.
- Playing Hide-and-Seek with an AI Robot. Check out this video and article from Electronic Design Editor Willilam Wong about the Kickstarter campaign rae (Robotics Access for Everyone). The Luxonis project combines special AI and 3D cameras to achieve simultaneous location and mapping (SLAM).